Saturday, January 21, 2012

Epic Adventure with N9: Day #1

The title of the post may seem to be weird. I got the N9 smartphone for trial from Nokia Connects for a period of two weeks. I'll be posting the Epic adventure that I had with N9 everyday till Day #14.



Day #1: How I got the N9?
           On the first day with N9, its better to say how I got the N9. It was like Mission Impossible. Let me rewind back for 5 days.


Day # -5: I was in my Hometown for a Native festival. Enjoyed it and while returning back to Chennai, I got a strange missed call from an unknown number. I surfed throughout the web to find who that was and atlast found that it was from Delhi.


Day # -3: I was having my exams and went to college. As soon as I returned, I found that I got 2 missed calls from the same strange number. I wondered who it was and called them back. The guy who picked up the phone wasn't knowing English and replied to me in Hindi which I don't know.

Day # -2: I received an email from Logistics of Nokia stating that the courier service was unable to contact me. I gave my full address with my phone number again to them.

Day # -1: Its getting hotter. At last I received the call the courier service in Delhi and they got my address and sent it to Chennai through Blue Dart and gave Tracking number.

Day # 1: I checked the status of delivery and found that it reached Chennai. Being curious, I wanted to get the device quick. I chased for the train to go to Airport Cargo and caught it :) . I reached the Airport. I am new to Chennai and I wasn't knowing where Blue Dart service will be. A huge thanks to Nokia Maps for finding the way. I reached Blue Dart and gave my tracking number to the guys there.They took the package and showed it to me.
              I just freaked out. Its the N9. Before they gave me the package, they asked for the proof of my identity. Oops.. I forgot to carry one. I even said the guys to call the number given in the consignee and I'm having the mobile. They didn't accept that and said I might have a duplicate SIM of that number. Finally, a Thanks to my buddy Shanavas because of whom I got the N9 from the Blue Dart. He called me casually at that time and I explained the whole situation. He made it and because of him, I asked the guys at the courier service whether they will accept my proof if I showed the documentation I got from Nokia Connects on the trial. They agreed and I quickly swiped the keypad and wrote an email to the guy at courier service requesting to give me the package attaching the document. They took prints of the mail and I signed them all and at last got the package.
            Again, its chasing for the train. I got in and was very much excited to open it. Meantime, my sister called and asked if got the package and I narrated the whole thing that happened at the courier service. After I ended the call, I found the people sitting near me were too listening the conversation I said. Just then, an idea sparked my mind why not write this as the Epic Adventure Day #1. That's all how the Epic adventure with N9 begun.


0 comments:

Post a Comment